Sequencing Platform of Genomic Paris Centre – located on site of the École Normale Supérieure (ENS)
The platform ‘Genomic Paris Centre’ was created in1998, with the following aims :
1) To make functional genomics technologies available to public sector research laboratories,
2) To assist researchers to manage their high-throughput genomics projects,
3) To widely disseminate the approaches across the scientific community.
Today, the platform supports its users by providing access to high-throughput sequencing, and specialist expertise in functional genomics applications (RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, …).
The platform is equipped with 2 Illumina sequencers (HiSeq 1500 sequencer and NextSeq500) all necessary equipment for its operations including the construction of sequencing libraries.
Main achievements :
Our platform takes on medium-size projects (aproximately 10 samples) involving research on various species (currently more than 20 species, ranging from fungi to mammals) and on topics such as development, neurosciences and genetic regulation. In recent years, the pilot project used to set up the high-throughput sequencing has been dedicated to the development of biocarburants in collaboration with IFP Énergies Nouvelles.
Bioinformatics analyses :
The ‘Genomic Paris Centre’ platform of the ENS, offers the following services :
- Delivery of raw sequence data and quality values
- Sequencing and quality control report
- Check for contaminants
- Data filtering and cleaning
- Alignment of reads against a reference sequence
- CHiP-Seq : Identification of binding sites (ChIP)
- RNA-Seq : Differential expression analysis
Quality Assurance/ Certification :
The platform was RIO-RNG certified from 2002-2007 successively, and then was IBiSA certified in 2008 and 2010. We are currently engaged in obtaining the ISO 9001 quality certification for 2013.
For further information : :
Platform Manager : :
Stéphane LE CROM
Plateforme Genomic Paris Centre
Institut de Biologie de l’École normale supérieure (IBENS)
46 rue d’Ulm 75230 Paris Cedex 05, France
Affiliation : ENS, CNRS, Inserm.
Stéphane LE CROM
firstname.lastname@example.org - 01 44 32 39 76
Toutes les versions de cet article : [English] [français]